Thursday, August 14, 2008

WEDDING ANNOUNCEMENT


Earlier this summer Ed and I made plans to join an AARP week long cruise in September on the Danube. Since the flight to Europe leaves from NYC we will first spend a week visiting my mother and family in Berne. As you might have read, a couple of days ago the Massachusetts legislature passed a law that for the first time allows gays from out of State to get married there. I proposed to Ed that while we are in Berne we drive to Mass. and get legally married. He accepted my proposal, (even though it was not on bended knee!). The wedding will take place at the historic Village Inn in Lenox. My mother, siblings, aunts and uncles, and respective spouses will attend the ceremony. Then we will return to Berne for a reception attended by the my extended family at the pond house on my brother Ralph's farm, the location of many family celebrations.

No comments: